top of page
Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage originates from an Indian alternative medicine system called Ayurveda, (translated as the ‘science of life’), whereby it is believed that the mind and body are intricately connected and thus can influence one another.
It supports the nervous and lymphatic systems to eliminate toxins from the body and improve blood circulation.This treatment focuses on massaging acupressure points along the head, neck, upper back, shoulders and face; using circular massage strokes to improve hair and scalp condition and relaxing muscles.
There are many benefits to Indian head massage; here are just a few:
* Promotes hair growth by increasing oxygen in the hair follicles which stimulates growth and health.
* Increases joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders
* Prevents headaches and migraines by releasing built-up tension in the head and neck area
* Relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety through relaxation
* Boosts memory capabilities by relieving stress and quieting the mind
* Stimulates lymphatic drainage by circulating blood to the neck area
* Aids better sleep by reducing stress
This treatment can benefit from using oils if you wish to nourish the skin and hair. However, the choice to add oils is totally up to you and something we will discuss in your consultation. It is usually done while seated, therefore making this an easily accessible treatment for all; but can also be adapted to be carried out lying down on a massage table if required.
A great add-on to a Reflexology treatment.
bottom of page